About Me

My photo
Someday I would love to write and publish a book. This is a place where I can practice, grow, and connect with others. Peek into my life and my life will reveal to you that we are not that much different. :)

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed

I’ve finally conjured of the energy to write and put down on paper the rush of thoughts that scatter within my brain cells.

I’m finally home in the U.S.A and I’ve been here for two weeks already. After about two weeks is good to control my thoughts and to in the flow of the universe as it always unfolds. The U.S. It’s big, beautiful, and there air is unusually clear and easy to breathe. August is gives HOTLANTA its name. It is incredibly hot out here and I sort of like it.

I had traveled from Seoul to Tokyo, Tokyo to Seattle, Seattle to Pheonix, Pheonix to Atlanta. It took nearly a 20 + hours to arrive. So let’s backtrack and reflect on the first days of my U.S.A trip by starting off with me landing in Hartsfield Airport Atlanta. I landed around 10:15 p.m August 6, 2011 and was greeted by my teary eyed mother after two year and a half long journey. . We haven’t seen each other in that amount of time and it feels good to be around the blood-line every now and again, especially after so long. I started to feel that I was raised by Korean Tiger Wolves.

Throughout the two weeks, I met new people and old friends. Attended a few soccer games, scored five goals and had about 5 assists so far. I shopped for a ton of things food, shoes, clothes, underwear, glasses, hair products, deodorant, the works! I was definitely deprived of all the things I am used to and enjoyed seeing them once again on the shelves of familiar stores like, Walmart, Beauty Supply Stores, and Krogers.

I got time to spend time with my sister and her children. My mother and I met up with her at a delicious Mexican restaurant. My favorite food, so far I gained 300 lbs living off of Mexican food. My mother cooked all of her favorites which included spaghetti with meat sauce, potatoes salad, golden mushroom chicken with cheese sauces. I ordered foods from Zesto ( The greasiest place on the planet). It is famous for it’s ice cream.

I promised myself that I won’t become an American statistic so I planned on working it all off as soon as I gained it. I may have to spend my precious vacation money on health foods and being active. I do pray that the angels watch over me and allow me to go to and fro, injury free.

Over the weekend I got a chance to see my nephew play in his first Football game. He looked good playing and was very active. I saw most of the game. The game had its moments when it was unbearable to watch. Some of the children on the opposing team were 5 times bigger. The parents were extreme fans of their children. You can hear the dad’s screaming at their sons to suck it up. I was lucky enough to play a game where my dad didn’t understand anything about soccer. It’s just not what African American boys do, or did I take a slightly different path.

I took pictures most of the game. They aren’t professional but they will do the job. My little niece loves posing in front of the camera. It’s fun to capture memories of the young ones. I sometimes pick up a photo album of the time I was young and enjoy seeing all of them.

This morning I finally went to church that I attended around the age of 14 or so. I headed to the High Museum. I was so hungry though, I wish I had eaten before I set foot in that place. Zesto’s saves me when I need something quick and greasy to clog the arteries Yum. I asked Koreans where the Kimchi was in the states. They supposing have it all at H-Mart.

No comments: